New blogSpirit version : your templates
New features have been added to your blog, template name is wrote in [...] :
- A "Remember Me" feature that remembers user information on comments (by cookies) : your visitors don't need to fill in the comment form each time ! [permalink, comments]
- Subscription to a comment feed, you may be alerted by email when a new comment has been added to a post and unscribe when the discussion is over. [permalink, comments]
- A "Email this" feature to send by email a post to a friend you find interesting (or not..) [index, permalink, archives, categories]
If you have never updated your HTML templates (Design -> Advanced Configuration), a massive update has benn made by our robots : these new features should be available on your blog.
If you have already updated your templates by adding some code for ads, banner, ou something else, here is what you should do to get these new features :
1. Save 1 by 1 the following templates content on your hard drive :
- Index Template
- Archive Template
- Categories Template
- Comments Template
- Permalink Template
- About page Template
- List item Template
2. Restore each original version of these templates
Caution ! Do not restore the following templates :
- 1st sidebar Template
- 2nd sidebar Template
3. The new features are just set up, you may now add your own updates with the help of the files saved in 1.
The other new features (photoblog, HTML editor) are just available in your admin account, we have also corrected some bugs due to TimeZone and archiving posts. Have fun on blogSpirit !